Many people love the idea of creating their own cleaning products due to several reasons. Some people want to avoid using chemicals in order to make their environment free of any chemicals, others want to save money, and some people just do not want to go to the store and pick up cleaning products.
What makes homemade cleaning products awesome is that they are composed of ingredients that are available in every home and they do not take time to make. Check if you have any of the following items and we are sure that you have some of them in your house already.
• White Vinegar.
• Baking Soda.
• Hydrogen Peroxide.
• Different Essential Oils.
To make this guide easier, we have compiled a list of the most common recipes that will help you to make your own cleaning products.
1. Cleaner for All Purposes:
• 2-4 Cups of Water.
• Hydrogen Peroxide (1-2 Cups).
• Lemon juice.
Mix all these ingredients together and you have a strong cleaner for everything. You can use it to wipe surfaces, clean glass, or any other cleaning purpose.
Note that this cleaner must be stored in a dark container because hydrogen peroxide usually deteriorates if exposed to light.
2. Liquid Soap for Laundry Purposes:
• Use 1-2 cups of Eco Nuts brand soap. If you do not have it at your home, get it from any store.
• 4 to 8 cups of water.
• ½ to 1 Cup of Vinegar.
Now, it is time to combine all these ingredients together in a large pot and boil the mixture at a low temperature. Cover the pot and leave it for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Check the mixture regularly and mash the nuts with one of those slotted spoons.
After an hour, uncover the mixture and leave it to cool down for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Now, move the mixture to another clean bowl. Leave it for a while until it cools down completely.
For long-term uses, make ice cubes by freezing them. For short-term use, store the mixture in a watertight jar.
3. Disinfectant without the Risk of Toxicity:
• 2 to 4 cups of water.
• 3 to 6 Tablespoons of Liquid Castile Soap.
• 30 to 60 drops of Tea Tree Oil.
Combine all these ingredients together and store them in a spray bottle.
You can make many other cleaning products at home. Just search for other recipes and you will find a lot of them. Also, you might log in a professional site like http://www.rightnowcleaning.com to have your job done.
A number of valuable materials are manufactured using bronze; therefore, it is important to understand the process to clean bronze as well. Bronze is an important and valuable alloy of copper that is used in the manufacturing of statues, jewelry, medals, etc. It has a shiny surface due to which it is mostly used in manufacturing decoration pieces as well. However, over the course of time, the shine of brass items start to fade. Dirt and other residue particle may start to deposit on the surface of the material. Unclean bronze items give an uninviting look to the observer, which is why it is important to perform the process to clean bronze on a regular basis. The cleaning process will remove dirt and other residue deposited on the material and restore its shiny look. In this article, we will explain a process with the help of which the users can perform bronze cleaning process at home without requiring any special cleaning agent for professional help.
Supplies required to perform the bronze cleaning process
A few cleaning products will be required by the users in order to effectively perform the bronze cleaning process. We recommend using household available items in order to perform the process so that it does not negatively affect the budget of the users. One of the main reasons behind using household available cleaning agents is that it is very convenient to clean bronze and it does not require the use of abrasive cleaning materials. Some of the supplies required to perform the cleaning process are as follows:
- Cleaning agent: In order to perform the process, we recommend using a household cleaning agent or a mixture of household cleaning products. One of the most popular cleaning mixture used for bronze cleaning contains vinegar, flour, and salt. A suitable mixture containing three items can be prepared in order to perform the process.
- Soft cloth: We recommend using a soft cloth in order to clean the surface of the material by removing potential dirt and other residue deposited. We do not recommend using abrasive brush or cloth, as it will affect the surface of the material.
Steps involved in the process to perform the cleaning
They are simple steps involved in the process to clean bronze. However, we recommend performing the process with precaution and care in order to achieve appropriate and desired results. Some of the steps involved in the process to clean bronze are as follows:
- In the first step, prepare a cleaning agent by mixing the three products mentioned above.
- Once the cleaning solution has been prepared, ensure that it has an appropriate level of concentration suitable enough to remove stains and dirt from the surface of the material.
- Pour the cleaning agent in a bowl. In case, the item that requires cleaning is of small size, place it inside the cleaning agent for a few minutes in order to ensure effective cleaning.
- However, in case the material is of large size then apply the cleaning agent with the help of a soft cloth.
- Rub the surface of the material with the help of the cloth.
- Now, wash the material again with the help of water.
- Continue the process until the item gives a clean and shiny look.
- We also recommend using a bronze polish in order to give it a proper shiny look.
It is important to clean whiteboards regularly since over the course of time ink and dust particles from the atmosphere may start to accumulate over the surface of the board and hence affect its performance. Whiteboards are commonly used in academic institutions as well as offices where they may have regular use. An unclean whiteboard also gives an accurate look to the observer due to which we recommend performing a standard process to clean whiteboards. In this article, we will explain a process that the readers can perform on their own economically without requiring any professional help.
Supplies required to perform the cleaning process
In order to perform the process to clean whiteboards, a few supplies should be available. A list of some important supplies is given as below:
- Dry erase marker: A dry erase marker is available in the market that can help in the process to remove permanent stains from the surface of whiteboards. We recommend purchasing a good quality marker in case the whiteboard has not been cleaned for a long time.
- Cleaning agent: Quite a few cleaning agents are available in the market that can help in the process to clean whiteboards. An appropriate cleaning agent should be available before starting the process.
- Cleaning cloth: A cleaning cloth or a scrubber will help in the process to remove stains and dirt accumulated on the surface of the whiteboards. It is important to use a soft cloth since a rough cloth or a brush may leave scratches on the surface of the whiteboard that can make it hard to write on it in the future.
Steps involved in the cleaning process
The process to clean whiteboards is simple and anyone with little experience can perform it. Before performing the process, it is important to ensure that the required supplies are available. The steps involved in the process are as below:
- In the first step, clean the whiteboard with the help of the cleaning cloth in order to remove dirt particles present on the surface.
- Now, with the help of the dry erase marker write on the areas where the permanent ink marks are present. Once the dry ink settles, remove the ink with the help of an eraser that will also clean the permanent ink marks on the whiteboard.
- Continue the process on all parts of the whiteboard until hard stains have come off.
- Now, wash the whiteboard with the help of a cleaning agent and water. Apply the cleaning agent on all parts of the board with the help of a cleaning cloth.
- Scrub the cloth on the surface of the whiteboard until the remaining stains come off.
- Clean the whiteboard again with the help of a clean cloth and dry it afterward.
Laptop cleaning is a sophisticated process and extreme care is required in order to properly clean some of the parts. However, it is also necessary to perform the laptop cleaning process regular owing to the fact that laptops accumulate dirt, which can damage or affect the performance. The keyboard of the laptop comes regularly in contact with hands, which can leave marks and stains on the surface. Screen and outer surface are most affected by the conditions and experience wear and tear. Regularly cleaning all these parts will ensure a decent look of the laptop as well as keep different parts performing well. Below we will explain a laptop cleaning process consisting of three main parts of the laptop i.e. screen, keyboard, and case.
Cleaning Laptop Screen
Laptop screen accumulates lots of dirt and dust over the course of time. This can affect the display quality of the laptop. Over the course of time, the dirt may start to firmly stick with the surface making it more difficult to clean it. Some of the ways of removing dirt from the laptop surface are as follows:
- The dust from the laptop surface is removable by using a microfiber cloth. Gently rub the surface of the laptop and keep changing the side of the cloth so that the cleaned area is being rubbed all the time. Do not press hard against the screen.
- A damp sponge is also effective in case the dirt is present for a long time. A small quantity of water with a sponge can wipe the dirt off the screen.
Cleaning Laptop Keyboard
Cleaning keyboard during the laptop cleaning process is more complicated as compared to the screen cleaning. However, the greatest amount of dust is also stuck inside the keyboard as well. Some of the steps for cleaning the keyboard are as follows:
- Use a keyboard vacuum cleaner in order to remove dust and other small particles.
- Dust also comes off from the keyboard through gentle shaking.
- Most of the dust is stuck between different keyboard keys. We recommend using cotton swabs to remove them.
- In case the keys are removable then deep, cleaning of the keyboard can also be performed.
Cleaning Laptop Case
Laptop case should be regularly cleaned since it affects the look of the laptop. All sorts of dirt, stains, and scratches may appear on the case and they will become hard to remove over the course of time. We recommend the following steps to clean laptop case:
- Gently clean the laptop case using a cleaning solution.
- A sponge can remove hard stains from the case along with a cleaning solution.
- Cotton swabs can remove dust from the crevices.
- Dust can accumulate in the laptop ports. We recommend blowing compressed air in order to remove it.
- Many scratches may appear over the case without ones noticing. A microfiber cloth if rubbed gently can ease and smooth out these scratches.
- An alcohol solution can be useful in removing sticking debris from the surface.
It may take more effort to clean copper with the help of homemade supplies but it is cost effective and can be carried out more frequently. Oxidization is a major problem with copper that can tarnish the shine of the copper manufactured products over the course of time. Similarly, dirt and stains may start to deposit as well resulting in need of the cleaning process to be performed. In this article, we will discuss methods to clean copper with the help of natural supplies. Some of the easy to apply methods are as follows:
Copper Cleaning using Vinegar and Salt
Vinegar and salt are two natural cleaners that can be used to clean oxidized copper services. A solution of vinegar and salt can be created for taking an appropriate amount as per your requirements. Usually, 1 tablespoon of salt is added to 1 cup of vinegar. Now apply the solution on the oxidized service and rub it gently with the help of a soft cloth. The oxidized surface will start to clear after some time and the clear shiny surface will appear.
Copper Cleaning using Lemon/Lime
Lemon or lime is also considered to be an effective natural cleaner since it can also remove the deposits and tarnish on metal items. In order to clean the copper products using lemon, the process involves the rubbing of half of the lemon on the copper surface. In order to achieve better results and clean copper properly in terms of removing oxidized residues, some quantity of salt can also be applied along with lime. Once the copper surface has been cleaned, rinse it with water and dry with the help of a soft cloth.
Copper Cleaning using Sulfamic Acid
It is another popular method to clean copper and remove the tarnish deposited. In order to
apply this method, a solution of sulfamic acid with water needs to be created. The concentration of the acid depends on the condition of the copper piece that needs to be cleaned. Once an appropriate mixture has been prepared, pour it into a bowl having a suitable volume to accommodate the copper piece as well besides the mixture. Now place the copper piece into the mixture and let the mixture perform its action on the oxidized surface. The
solution will start bubbling after some time. It is an indication to remove the item from the
cleaning solution. Now rinse the item and dry it with the help of a cloth that should give a clean shiny look.
Dryer vent fire is a common phenomenon all over the world and especially in the United States of America. According to a study, almost 75% of homes in the United States have dryer vent and almost 25% of fires in the country are caused by the unclean dryer vents. A dryer vent fire can spread quickly causing severe damage to the building. An unclean dryer vent is more dangerous for you then you can imagine while other issues with ducting and installation of the vent can also lead to severe problems. It is, therefore, necessary to seek the help of the professionals while installing a dryer vent or changing its parts. Similarly, it is necessary to clean the vent both from the front, inside and backside regularly so that the chances of fire damages can be mitigated. Comprehensive dryer vent safety standards have been issued by authorities covering all parts of the vents in order to prevent them from causing harm to the people. These standards should be provided with the dryer vents so that the users can acquaint themselves and apply them while using. Similarly, the users should search these standards online and read them to keep themselves and their homes safe. Some of the tips to prevent the dryer vents from causing a fire are as follows:
Cleaning the Dryer Duct and Exhaust Duct
These two ducts should be completely clean in order to prevent the chances of a dryer vent fire. You can check the outside dryer duct when the machine is running in order to determine if smooth hot hair is leaving from this end. If this is not the case then some area of the exhaust duct is blocked which needs to be cleaned.
Cleaning behind the Dryer Duct and Lint Screen
These are two areas in the system where the lint particles can clog leading to the risk of
dryer vent fire. The lint particles if clogged in a significant amount will lit up on slight ignition causing a fire on a larger scale. It is necessary to regularly clean these two areas so that the risk of fire can be mitigated.
Correctly ducting the Pipes
The improper ducting such as the use of not recommended material results in uneven air discharge, which results in severe damage. Only the standard semi-rigid metal materials should be used for ducting purposes. It has been found out that other materials also result in clogging of lint particles that lead to fires.