A number of valuable materials are manufactured using bronze; therefore, it is important to understand the process to clean bronze as well. Bronze is an important and valuable alloy of copper that is used in the manufacturing of statues, jewelry, medals, etc. It has a shiny surface due to which it is mostly used in manufacturing decoration pieces as well. However, over the course of time, the shine of brass items start to fade. Dirt and another residue particle may start to deposit on the surface of the material. Unclean bronze items give an uninviting look to the observer, which is why it is important to perform the process to clean bronze on a regular basis. The cleaning process will remove dirt and other residue deposited on the material and restore its shiny look. In this article, we will explain a process with the help of which the users can perform bronze cleaning process at home without requiring any special cleaning agent for professional help.
Supplies required to perform the bronze cleaning process
A few cleaning products will be required by the users in order to effectively perform the bronze cleaning process. We recommend using household available items in order to perform the process so that it does not negatively affect the budget of the users. One of the main reasons behind using household available cleaning agents is that it is very convenient to clean bronze and it does not require the use of abrasive cleaning materials. Some of the supplies required to perform the cleaning process are as follows:
- Cleaning agent: In order to perform the process, we recommend using a household cleaning agent or a mixture of household cleaning products. One of the most popular cleaning mixture used for bronze cleaning contains vinegar, flour, and salt. A suitable mixture containing three items can be prepared in order to perform the process.
- Soft cloth: We recommend using a soft cloth in order to clean the surface of the material by removing potential dirt and other residue deposited. We do not recommend using abrasive brush or cloth, as it will affect the surface of the material.
Steps involved in the process to perform the cleaning
They are simple steps involved in the process to clean bronze. However, we recommend performing the process with precaution and care in order to achieve appropriate and desired results. Some of the steps involved in the process to clean bronze are as follows:
- In the first step, prepare a cleaning agent by mixing the three products mentioned above.
- Once the cleaning solution has been prepared, ensure that it has an appropriate level of concentration suitable enough to remove stains and dirt from the surface of the material.
- Pour the cleaning agent in a bowl. In case, the item that requires cleaning is of small size, place it inside the cleaning agent for a few minutes in order to ensure effective cleaning.
- However, in case the material is of large size then apply the cleaning agent with the help of a soft cloth.
- Rub the surface of the material with the help of the cloth.
- Now, wash the material again with the help of water.
- Continue the process until the item gives a clean and shiny look.
- We also recommend using a bronze polish in order to give it a proper shiny look.