It is important to clean whiteboards regularly since over the course of time ink and dust particles from the atmosphere may start to accumulate over the surface of the board and hence affect its performance. Whiteboards are commonly used in academic institutions as well as offices where they may have regular use. An unclean whiteboard also gives an accurate look to the observer due to which we recommend performing a standard process to clean whiteboards. In this article, we will explain a process that the readers can perform on their own economically without requiring any professional help.
Supplies required to perform the cleaning process
In order to perform the process to clean whiteboards, a few supplies should be available. A list of some important supplies is given as below:
- Dry erase marker: A dry erase marker is available in the market that can help in the process to remove permanent stains from the surface of whiteboards. We recommend purchasing a good quality marker in case the whiteboard has not been cleaned for a long time.
- Cleaning agent: Quite a few cleaning agents are available in the market that can help in the process to clean whiteboards. An appropriate cleaning agent should be available before starting the process.
- Cleaning cloth: A cleaning cloth or a scrubber will help in the process to remove stains and dirt accumulated on the surface of the whiteboards. It is important to use a soft cloth since a rough cloth or a brush may leave scratches on the surface of the whiteboard that can make it hard to write on it in the future.
Steps involved in the cleaning process
The process to clean whiteboards is simple and anyone with little experience can perform it. Before performing the process, it is important to ensure that the required supplies are available. The steps involved in the process are as below:
- In the first step, clean the whiteboard with the help of the cleaning cloth in order to remove dirt particles present on the surface.
- Now, with the help of the dry erase marker write on the areas where the permanent ink marks are present. Once the dry ink settles, remove the ink with the help of an eraser that will also clean the permanent ink marks on the whiteboard.
- Continue the process on all parts of the whiteboard until hard stains have come off.
- Now, wash the whiteboard with the help of a cleaning agent and water. Apply the cleaning agent on all parts of the board with the help of a cleaning cloth.
- Scrub the cloth on the surface of the whiteboard until the remaining stains come off.
- Clean the whiteboard again with the help of a clean cloth and dry it afterward.